website made simple: A step by step guide
Just another one of those new, fancy buzzwords you should use to sound smart in meetings or is it the real deal? Maybe a better question is: …
Maybe a better question is: why website ?
This website guide will show you what’s what.
World’s first website went live on Aug 6, 1991 and history was created.
Here’s a pic of the first website in history:
Image Source: info.cern.ch
Developed by: Tim Berners-Lee
What is Website: CONTENT WITH AN ADDRESS – anyone with the website address can read/view that content.
Why Website: 6 CORE REASONS:
1. UNLIMITED REACH POTENTIAL – MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ACROSS THE WORLD can ACCESS the same CONTENT AT THE SAME TIME which is published on the website.
2. ANYTIME UPDATE: PUBLISH AN UPDATE ANYTIME – and your CONTENT gets UPDATED IN REAL TIME on the website.
3. FOREVER THERE: once the website is UP AND RUNNING. You can make sure that’s IT STAYS THERE FOREVER 24×7 365 days a year WORKING FOR YOU.
4. FREE TO ACCESS: It doesn’t COST A CENT to visitors to VISIT YOUR WEBSITE.
5. DIGITAL SALES PITCH: with everything going DIGITAL. Your SALES PITCH has also BECOME DIGITAL now. NO LONGER you need to MEET PEOPLE to explain YOUR OFFERINGS. PUT THEM UP on your website.
6. EASY TO SHARE: MILLIONS OF PRODUCTS and THOUSANDS OF PAGES can be SHARED USING ONE LINK. Website has completely REVOLUNISED the CONTENT SHARING POSSIBILITIES. For e.g. amazon.com, facebook.com, linkedin.com, https://www.wikipedia.org/ – one link to MILLIONS OF PRODUCTS AND PEOPLE.
WHAT NEXT: How to create A WEBSITE?
There are 3 STEPS TO create a WEBSITE:
STEP 1: DESIGN your pages: First step to approach any website is DESIGN.
Suppose you have a SHOP. You want your SHOP to LOOK NICE AND CLEAN. Customers should be able to SEE what all you STOCK/OFFER.
Same for a website: You want a NICELY DESIGNED website which the USERS LOVE TO INTERACT WITH.
There are TWO FACTORS which constitute WEBSITE DESIGN – UI (USER INTERFACE) and UX (USER EXPERIENCE) – which basically deal with AESTHETICS AND FUNCTIONALITY of the website.
STEP 2: DECIDE the CONTENT
The average ATTENTION SPAN of USERS is DECREASING everyday. You need WELL DIRECTED and CONCISE CONTENT to reach the USERS to be effective.
There are MANY FORMS in which CONTENT can be PRESENTED:
STEP 3: Get a DOMAIN and a SERVER
DOMAIN is basically is your WEBSITE ADDRESS. Consider is similar to your SHOP ADDRESS.
SERVER is the HOST of your CONTENT i.e. WEB PAGES. In simple terms – it is the LAND on which YOUR SHOP IS BUILT.
That’s the scoop on WEBSITE. As you can see, the website is YOUR ONLINE/ DIGITAL SHOP and with the world GOING more and more DIGITAL – it’s IMPERATIVE to have an EFFECTIVE WEBSITE.
Moreover the offline and online worlds are merging. Traditional channels such as flyers, hoardings, newspapers, catalogues, brochures – all need to be modernized to leverage digital offerings.
Here’s the breakdown of website once again:
3. DOMAIN AND HOSTING
I hope this guide expanded your VIEWPOINT and EXPLAINED you the BASICS OF WEBSITE.
How useful was this guide in explaining you the basics of website ?
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.
Subscirbe To Our Newsletter
Let’s Start A Project
36 Ellam Drive
Seven Hills, Sydney 2147
This is the best blog for anyone who desires to seek out out about this topic. You realize a lot its virtually exhausting to argue with you (not that I really would need…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just great!